Monday, March 9, 2009



Leftovers Sandwich *I just can't come up with something better than this...sorry*

Tomato Basil Focaccia Bread (from Target)
Leftover Pesto Sauce
Leftover sandwich meat (ham, turkey, pastrami)
Leftover sandwich cheese (3 slices cheddar, tiny block of asiago)
The need to make something that will feed a hungry family of 5....

Carefully cut the bread in half (like a muffuletta sandwich...which is what I was wanting soooo bad but my friend doesn't make for me anymore...sigh). Then spread with pesto, layer meat and cheese (I shredded the tiny amount of asiago). Put in oven on 350 for 5 min. to melt cheese and heat up a bit. Then put the top of the sandwich on and continue heating for an additional 10 min. Pull out and slice. Oh my! Yum! This was the best sandwich I have had in a looooooong time.
**I just discovered that while I may be the only person who adds up how much every meal cost in their house *geeky grin*... I'm not the only one looking for cheap meals... so I'll start putting the cost of the meals here (when there is time)**
$3.29 Bread *I so need to learn to make this* (OUCH!)
$0.50 Pesto
$2.00 Meats and cheeses (Why is sandwich meat so costly!?)
$0.00 Hunger and imagination (ahhhh my kind of price *wink*)
--------
$5.79 Total
(We also have lunch leftover for two extra people over our family of 5... so if I add that to the amount of people that could eat this sandwich.... it makes it $0.83 each... not bad for expensive bread!)

1 comment:

Jjlrdomom said...

If it makes you feel any better, I've only made one muffletta since the time I made one for you guys. Glenn wanted to impress his brother...who mostly commented that it was a huge thing to bite....sigh!! And they all did NOT like the olive salad (I think, secretly, they are not related to us!!)

I can see I need to make more again soon....

:)Amy